Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Organizing

That's what I am trying to do. I am having a hard time letting go of things. Especially books. I was crazy enough to bring my childhood book collection with me from Germany (there was a lot of space in the container, what can I say?) I have thrown out some over the last couple of months, but there are more. Most of them I won't read again. Some of them I really want to keep. Where to draw the line?

I need to make room - how I don't know yet. We live in an one bedroom apartment - there's not a lot of space that comes with it. My "everything knitting" collection grows steadily so letting go of stuff is high on my "what-I-have-to-learn-list". I am still a beginner. Though I know from experience that I can live sans le bagage I think necessary now.

When space is precious you have to be ruthless with your posessions. I am still much too kind...

Knitting news: The vest is growing much too slowly. I decided that I have to concentrate on it because it is (was...) supposed to be finished next Tuesday. I am not sure about the shoulder part yet...short rows, cast-off, three-way-bind-off...way too many choices...

No comments: