Wednesday, April 09, 2008

That was a surprise, eh?

Thank you for all your enthusiastic congratulations!

I'm not nauseous any more (or so I thought, after two blissful, wonderful, nausea free days, I felt a bit queasy this afternoon again), but I haven't got a baby bump yet. That is to say, I do, but it's well hidden. I can feel it, but you can't see it. My due date is in September, it seems a long while away but we know how time flies.

We have been waiting very long for this to happen, there was a time when I thought I'd never get to be a Mom. You can imagine how happy we are about this baby!

You have to excuse the lack of knitting content - also, whoever thinks that I am going to have time to knit a lot of baby things...well, how was that about the cobbler's children? I'll try, of course, and console myself with thinking how little knitting it actually is. At this moment, however, the most important thing is to get my office cleaned out and turned into a nursery. A nursery! I'm excited, and I'll try to spread the excitement with the content of some knitter friendly boxes.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You could always buy stuff and pretend you made it. Who would have to know?

Sarah A. said...

...you also have fleet of knitters at your disposal...

Marianne said...

I was thinking the same as Jane :^)

Anonymous said...

Friends knit for baby...mom's do laundry!!! Welcome to the Club! Many of us waited then celebrated!! Now we celebrate with you!!!

Ali P said...

AHA! This explains the leaving knit night early on account of "not feeling well"! Here I thought it was because you got stuck sitting next to me... ;oP
Congratulations Mona!! I'm so happy for you. You know what they say...misery loves company. ( I'm kidding! sort of..) :oD

Caroline said...

I just want to congratulate you again! I'm so happy for you! And envious too (next year will be my turn if all goes well)!

Sam said...

I say we do a list and check off when an item is out - or she will end up having 5 blankets, 6 Baby Surprise jacket etc....

Jennifer Lori said...

I'm in for some Mona's baby knitting!

Anonymous said...

Woooooohooooo!!!!! Congratulations! I'm very happy for you...I know you'd been waiting a long time for this to finally happen. Yay, baby knitting! And I hope the nausea doesn't stick around for too long...I found that dark chocolate helped me through that. :-)

Strickmuse said...

Congratulations, this is always nice to hear. I wish you an easy pregnancy, less nausea and time for baby knitting too.

Alison said...

Holy crap! I'm slowly getting caught up on my blog reading, and holy crap! Congratulations, Mona!! This is wonderful news -- I'm so happy for you. :)