Thursday, June 05, 2008

Done in

Monday I bought some baby clothes. Bodies and pants and something that looks like a sack but it's a long dress with an elastic bottom...Once I started, it was hard to draw the finish line. Except that there was a lot of pink, and that kept me from buying more. (Uhm, yes, I am a big fat hypocrite, I DID buy something pinkish though I said I didn't want pink. I just got sucked in.)

The very first person though to get me something for Egg is my good friend Nadine, who send me this:


It won't fit for a while, but I think it's just so cute! She's kept me in goodies ever since she moved to SanFran - thank you, Nadine!

Then Tuesday the doorbell rang and Canada Post delivered a package from K. What a surprise! I opened it and found this:


Now, I didn't cry when I found out we were pregnant. I didn't when we saw the little heart pucker for the first time, when it was just a dot on the Ultrasound. I didn't shed a tear when I saw Egg grow and now can feel her move. It was just always this feeling of being so very happy and having a silly grin on your face. All of this was just too wonderful to cry over! And believe me, those hormones make you do funny things, like cry over ads on TV, oh yes, been there done that. So you can imagine my surprise when I held this little cardi up and suddenly tears welled up in my eyes and I couldn't stop them.

Thank you, K.!

BTW, it goes very well with Egg's cap of hand spun!

2 comments:

Montreal Mama said...

The sweater & shirt from Nadine are super cute.

You are having a girl - expect PINK! And lots of it! I don't think you are going to be able to get away from it!

How are you feeling these days?

Ali P said...

Beautiful!!!!!!