Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Holy crap on a piece of toast!!

Or: Fuck, fuck, fuck.

I think that describes it very well. "That" being the discovery that I have to rip out the fucking back of my teal cabled sweater because I miscounted my swatch and so my fucking calculations are way off. Which, of course, had to wait to be discovered until I decreased for the armholes. Just a little reminder: it's knit with 2.75 mm needles and takes for fucking ever.

I don't think I have used the f-word that often in the last twelve months.

Have a nice day, everyone!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh geez Mona..I personally have never heard you use that word so much either. Must be so frustrating having to frog and re-knit on small needles like that. All that work!!!!!!! Rent some movies and have another go at it. Hope you get back to where you were without too much pain hugzzzzzzzzzz

Anonymous said...

yeeouch. Personally, I recommend the liberal use of that word. "Fuck" is just so appropriate for so many situations...

I hope you got yourself back on track, and it sounds like a lovely project!

New workroom all set up and comfy now?

Michelle said...

Only one thing to say. Fucking ouch!

wenders said...

Ugh! That blows. I know that it's 'part of knitting', but man. My knitterly thoughts are with you!

Anonymous said...

OMG! I'm so sorry to hear of this! I can't imagine the frustration...

By all means curse at will! I think this is definitely a situation deserving of it.

Sending happy and peaceful vibes your way.

Dana S. Whitney said...

One think about knitterly mis-calculations... they don't get posted on the front page of the Post, Globe, or even Star. But when the Americans and Soviets (?) didn't check to make sure they were all using METRICAL UNITS and their space ships passed like, um, ships in the night... THAT was on the front page...
A little mis-calculating among friends bonds us together.
I never know what to do when my swatch doesn't come out in exactly even numbers, myself.