Wednesday, November 02, 2005

It started with a kiss wrap

It seemed like a good idea at the time. I feel the need to explain that it was quite useless and wouldn't stop slipping off my shoulders. So I ripped it all out. Mercilessly.

This is how it looks now:

I knit something for myself - and, moreover, I am wearing it. Never mind the goofy grin.

The debut appearance coincided with our knit thing tonight - which was entertaining and where one could find four socks, one mitten, three Clapotis (one finished, two in progress), two hats and a sweater on the needles. Not to mention the two gentlemen who bothered entertained Natalie with lots of questions. Damn, isn't the world used to us knitting by now??

7 comments:

javede said...

Wow and it looks so much better as a top too!
For this I had to go out of lurking mode ;)

Lolly said...

You look fabulous :) I love the vest! the colors are very flattering on you too!

wenders said...

Love it! Nice job!

Kajin said...

Mona, your vest is really nice! And where's the goofy grin? All I can see is a happy girl! ;-)

Maartje said...

Hallo Mona,
I`m from Hameln/Germany. The little town of the pied piper. Do you know?
I`m writing and also I`m knitting. I love wool and when I saw your blog...great, nice cool and so many lovely pictures from germany.
So I`m also a blogger and please come to my website and have a look.

http://www.buchstabenhaus.de

many greettings to you from
Maartje

Michelle said...

I love the vest. The colour is perfect on you and where's the goofy grin? You look great!

Toni said...

It's terrific--what a great way to remake an old project!