Thursday, May 10, 2007

No words

I got mail today. Black Bunny Fiber mail. Last Monday in a fit of really not needed retail therapy (combined with yarn therapy) I ordered some more of Carol's much wanted hand dyed sock yarn. Three skeins. If you were one of the unlucky souls who didn't get to order some - blame it on my greed. (Rolf, if you are reading this, I have a good explanation for each one of the three skeins. Seriously.)

This is my loot.


Exciting. Splendiferous, each single one.

And then, then...it happened. There was a fourth skein. One I didn't order but knew about because Carol told me of it. Actually, she said "Hee-hee, I just finished dyeing a laceweight for you. I'll pop it in with your sock yarn." That's what I call a serious yarn teaser. I had no idea what to expect. I took it out of the envelope. I stared at it. I read the label, my jaw dropped, my eyes glazed over, I started breathing heavily and, for one of the rare occasions in my life, I was speechless. And screeching inside. (If I had screeched as I wanted to, my husband would have died of a heart attack.) I think you could call this "la petite mort de laine" - a yarn orgasm indeed.

I was of the opinion that the "Upper Voltage" colourway was as good as it gets a combination - it is in its own way. But, but - again, speechless - look at this!


I-know-it-doesn't-look-it-even-though-I-have-fotographed-it-in-natural-light-and-took-a-lot-of-pictures-to-catch-the-colours-just-right-but-I-do-solemnly-swear-that-Carol-managed-to-get-them-JUST-RIGHT-and-the-yarn-really-looks-just-like-my-sofa.

Excuse me while I catch my breath. That's not all.


How cool is that???

Carol, thank you so much - this laceweight is very special to me and I treasure every yard!!

4 comments:

WandaWoman said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. Beautiful colors. How special, do enjoy. :-)

katherine said...

That is so cool it's now Beyond Cool.

I'll look forward to see what you do with it...

Whaledancer said...

Hilarious and so very very special. Not to mention, beyond cool (I am so redundant).

Carol said...

Aw, shucks. Knit it in good health.