Thursday, May 24, 2007

Statistics, anyone?

A while ago I signed up with webstat.net to get the opportunity to spy on the people who visit my blog. There, I openly admit that. It was fun for a while and then it just quit working. I have no idea why. I "restarted" the counter - it worked for a couple of hours, then stopped again. I don't understand, since I haven't changed anything. (Maybe it's just because I am cheap and don't want to pay for this, so I am getting punished.)

Well, the counter is still counting hits, but I can't get the information I was after! Like, who is ending up with funny google searches (uhm, wasn't that funny, actually, most of them said "embossed leaves socks" or something similar, but that's NOT the point). Now I've opened a new account, let's see what happens.

Should it stop again, or even right now, is anyone out there who would be able to help me out? Have some magic tricks I could apply? I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Hmmm, I don't have any idea why it would just stop working. If you're up to trying a different counter, I use StatCounter @ http://www.statcounter.com/ and have never had any problems with it working...even after the switch to New Blogger.

Caroline said...

I use sitemeter.com and it works well. I got a bunch of hits for "destroy my computer" this week. :)

turtlegirl76 said...

Try Feedburner - that gives me all the search terms people use and all sorts of other visit-related stuff.

Jillian said...

I've used sitemeter for quite awhile now and never had a problem with it. And I also use the free version!