Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Calling Oma?

Egg never ceases to amaze me. She's not keen on 'talking' on the phone, she'll listen politely for about 5 seconds and then she wants to play with the phone and push buttons. I did not think she grasps the concept, yet.

Imagine my surprise when I found her on her own phone, babbling away and having fun? That was last week.


Every day there's something new she can do, sometimes we have a whole day of discoveries: Friday she stood for about 10 seconds on her own, she climbed stairs (I never showed her how!) and she phoned people all afternoon.

The night from Monday to Tuesday was rough. She woke up at 10 p.m. and just wouldn't go back to sleep, just sit in her bed and talk to herself, play and undress (yes, another thing she can do now!). I could tell she was tired, but she was up and about until 1.30 a.m. Then she fell asleep and stayed that way. I had no idea why until last night when I by chance spotted something white on her gum - she's sprouted a molar!! I never would have known, since except for not wanting to sleep she showed no sign of distress or pain. Haven't I the bestest kid ever??

We're off now to Mommy and Baby knitting - maybe I'll get to knit a couple of stitches, maybe not.

No comments: