Saturday, February 18, 2006

Baby it's cold outside

On Thursday night while meeting with some of the Montreal Olympic Knitters (I am not participating, I am cheerleading) I had the opportunity to fondle some gorgeous, hand-dyed yarn. As Nadine described it I was filled with glee.

Today I wanted to go outside while the sun was still there (right, so not much sun, but it was there!) and take a picture of what I purchased. It was minus 18 degrees, and crisp and clear.


I was outside, all bundled up to do what I'd planned. It would have been a cool picture in so many ways, having the skeins dangling from the clothes line. See the (pink) peg in the right upper corner? It's not as if I didn't try.

Instead, I have to give you this:


As every clever weatherman in the country would do, I forgot to consider the wind chill - in my case more the wind blow - that endangered my precious yarn. I was just not up to chasing it down an icy road, through hedges and over fields without cramp-ons which are badly needed here after the flash freeze we had on Friday.

1 comment:

Shirley Goodwin said...

Oh yummy colours, Mona. Did you use natural or synthetic dyes?

Shirley in New Zealand