Saturday, December 24, 2005

Fröhliche Weihnachten!!

Luckily we have a lot of hat weather here in Montreal. Luckily I got the yarn I ordered last night. It was delivered by Canada Post at exactly 10 to 8 p.m. (What's up with that? I mean, I am glad that I got it, but eight o'clock at night?) Luckily I have a week off and can so catch up on the knitting I didn't do because I knit this:


Forgive me, V., for I have sinned. I made the short-row hat instead of finishing your stuff. But, let me add, and like it or not, it's pure genius! And lots of fun to knit. I'll catch up on the other stuff later, I promise.

I started right away and finished today around 1 p.m. It took me about 8 hours. There was a break in the yarn (damn, I wish there wouldn't have been) that's why I have a half black and half white diamond, and I won't tell you that I am an idiot because I didn't get the whole message of the provisional cast-on, apart from that I am really pleased with the outcome!! Really, really, really. And, on top of all of it, this yarn ("Faith" from AmiAmi) is just soo soft and wonderful to knit with.


I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas, Hanukka, or whatever holiday you fancy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your hat Mona..it's absolutely gorgeous..and I don't just mean I love it...I'm in love with it :) I hope you have a wonderful holiday season and a very Happy New Year :) You sure have gotten way too much snow in Montreal eh? We had lots in Toronto but the temperature changed and the snow is all melting now; it's supposed to rain over Christmas...blehhh!!! Happy holidays everyone :)

Anonymous said...

OH! I SHOULD have ordered that yarn! I am making the hat in Malagbrio and it just doesnt look as spectacular as the long repeats of color your yarn has! yours is BEAUTIFUL! The pattern is genius. Having loads of fun making it- will do another.
Have a nice holiday!

wenders said...

I muuuuuuuuuust make that hat...where is the pattern?! It looks awesome!

Merry Christmas!

Dana S. Whitney said...

I don't know which I wish I had more... the snazzy hat (and/or pattern) or the lovely iced cookies. Froliche everything to you, too.