Saturday, November 03, 2007

Piece o'cake!!

Knitting the Baby Cable Vest from the Vittadini Book No 30 was a piece of cake. I finished quite a while ago, but took the pictures only today.

I used Artful Yarn "Jazz" from my stash instead of the recommended yarn, so I had to fudge the numbers a bit.


Lara complained that it is too big on her, but I convinced her anyhow to pose with it.


Preparing this was not easy as pie. It took quite some time, but I did in honour of Rolf's birthday which was yesterday.


Frankfurter Kranz - his favourite.

And now we're going to have a piece of it with a nice cup of coffee, just like all Germans do on a Saturday afternoon. (Kaffee und Kuchen is a big thing, believe me.)

6 comments:

Caroline said...

My favourite thing in Germany was Kaffee und Kuchen. Good times. That cake looks delicious.

Anonymous said...

I used to teach fitness classes at the Y with a partner who was German, and after class on Sunday we always had to go out to Cafe Mozart for Kaffee und Kuchen.

Sort of defeated the purpose of the fitness class, but it was a nice way to pass the afternoon.

The cake looks fabulous. My niece's birthday was today, and she's very fussy -- she doesn't like sweet, she doesn't like icing, so I made a sticky molasses gingerbread. She wouldn't even take whipped cream with it, but she kept sneaking back to slice extra slivers of it, so I guess she was happy with it.

Happy Birthday to Rolf!

Monika said...

Boy, would I love to have a piece of this deliecious looking cake! ;o)

Unknown said...

Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Anonymous said...

When will you post the recipe for the Kranz?

Anonymous said...

both pictures look lovely!