Tuesday, September 27, 2005

How appropriate...

You are Mohair
You are Mohair.
You are a warm and fuzzy type who works well with
others, doing your share without being too
weighty. You can be stubborn and absolutely
refuse to change your position once it is set,
but that's okay since you are good at covering
up your mistakes.


What kind of yarn are you?
brought to you by Quizilla

I am not so sure how I feel about the result of this quiz...


We had another knit thing last Sunday. While we were knitting, sipping coffee, tea or whatnot and talking about unimportant important things, this lady walks up with a basket full of MOHAIR which she produces herself with help from her angora goats on her farm. Audrey sold a couple of skeins - yeah, you guessed it, I had to have one, too. It's kid mohair and apricot. First I wasn't too impressed - with the yarn, yes, but the colours, no. Then she pulled out the apricot kid mohair...and I practically swooned, managed to get a hold on it and wouldn't let go again. You will understand when you hear about the price: 12.50$CAD for 125g of fuzzy delight. Miss D. and Melanie got a skein each - see, I am not the only impulse buyer in our lot!

1 comment:

Dana S. Whitney said...

How much was that in yards? I bet it was a lot. I'm wanting to make myself a pastel turquose mohair sweater after Christmas... but I might also wait until I didn't need about a bazillian skeins. (Hope springs eternal, you know.)