Thursday, February 10, 2005

The good, the bad and the ugly

The good: I like knitting with "Micro". It's soft and knits up in a flash. It only goes a little against my yarn snob grain because it's 100% polyacryl - at least it's "micro-fibre" (whatever that means).

The bad: I started dropping stitches. Even though "Micro" seems slippery they do not unravel as easily as I thought. They sometimes cling together badly.

The ugly: The yarn is spun so loosely that the single plies show in the clingy dropped stitches.

Makes me wonder if I really want to give this Clapotis to my Mom - or am I being anal?


See? (Anyone mind the distortion of the twisted stitches?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Small word of advice on being bothered by the twisted stitches: flip over your Clapotis to the "wrong" side, which is actually the right side. The transition from dropped to not-dropped is nice and smooth. And the twist in the stitches on either side of the dropped stitches will help the ladders stay firm.

And with that colour, the "wrong" side is going to look really pearly and beautiful in that yarn. Yum. :-)

Lee Ann

Michelle said...

I don't think it looks bad at all, either. Blocking Clapotis might give you the results you want. I love the colour.