Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Mathematically challenged

When I was in high school I got really sucky marks in math, physics and chemistry, everything scientific was a big "no-no" for me. I was way better with languages. Turns out that the sucky marks for math were well earned and still apply.

I calculated the number of rows for the upper half of my Mackintosh cardi wrong. You don't want to know the exact mistake, trust me. You might want to know that I have frogged three times part of the back and I am feeling exhausted just writing about it. Thus: no photos today either.

I bought the winter issue of "Knitter's" just because it was sitting there at the magazine stand. I had passed it at least three times without being tempted, and I really don't know why I bought it today, maybe just to confirm that I don't need to buy it next time. Which I kinda knew before. "Something special" - my ass. Now I wonder if this irrational behaviour has anything to do with my scientific incompetence or maybe it's just that some of my brain cells are wired the wrong way.

No comments: