Sunday, December 26, 2004

"One ring to bind them all"

Call me Sauron. Or Gollum. I might be not as evil but I am just as desperately looking for my ring. It might have been the marathon viewing of "Lord of the Rings" - the extended versions, or it might have been my own stupidity that made me lose it. My ring, that is. It looks exactly like this one:


I don't know when, where or how I lost it. And that's where I stand and pull my hair. If I had done something like dropping it in the elevator shaft, you know, in between the two doors of an elevator (have done so with a key and a glove) I at least wouldn't have to go around and ask myself those useless questions: when did I see it last? where could I have put it? etc. etc. Drives you nuts. Really.

I don't have a clue where it is gone. It may have developed its own agenda after seeing the movies and thinking about its possibilities in life. I am sad, upset and angry, angry that I am so attached to a mere thing, a thing that makes me desperately look in every nook and cranny in our apartment and be disappointed when I - of course - find nothing. Should you cross its path please say 'hello' and ask if it considers coming back to me - my precious!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I really hope you find your ring soon and then put it back on really well so it never comes off again! ;)

Jo~
http://www.joknits.com