Friday, October 15, 2004

16 Years and appropriate behaviour in the Métro

I am very pleased to announce that 16 years ago to the day my husband and I had our first date. If I hadn't invited myself to his house I figure we wouldn't have ended up together, but since I am straighforward girl who knows what she wants (most of the time, that is) I went for it and look what it got me!


Yup, that's Rolf and me. And, please don't ask why he is sticking out his tongue...for some reason he thinks it's funny and he does it ALL THE TIME when he is photographed. Annoying, isn't it?

And now to much less pleasing things: This morning I had an experience in the Métro I'd rather not have repeated. In my opinion there are things that are suitable to be done on a Métro-ride and then there are those who aren't. I do knit on the Métro (suitable!) but I count personal grooming to the latter. Some guy was actually cutting his nails with one of those clickety-click nailclippers. At first I couldn't believe what I was hearing. But it was true. Ack! How disgusting is that?

By the way, my knittingbook is safely back (YAY!), though the library was closed due to vaccination action going on, i.e. no restacking of shelves possible.

Oh, so you say this is a knitting blog and I should write something about knitting, too? Don't have any interesting progress to blab about, sorry!

P.S. - it's around 5.30 p.m. and I thought this funny:
Knitting Guru
You appear to be a Knitting Guru. You love knitting
and do it all the time. While finishing a piece
is the plan, you still love the process, and
can't imagine a day going by without giving
some time to your yarn. Packing for vacation
involves leaving ample space for the stash and
supplies. It can be hard to tell where the yarn
ends and you begin.
http://marniemaclean.com


What Kind of Knitter Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla


Who would've thought!!


No comments: