Friday, October 08, 2004

Fancy Scarf - finally finished

I finally managed to take some pictures of the Fancy Scarf made from the Brillant my Mom brought me. To be honest, I would never buy yarn like this, I am not a novelty yarn fan. I was painfully remembered why. Knitting with this yarn is no fun. But, you know, since my Mom gave it to me and I never made anything like this I thought "why not".

Call me the queen of procrastination! The scarf has been finished for more than a week, it just took me so long to weave in the two(!) ends - especially when it says on the lable "secure with thread"...What? Even more work I don't like? OK, I have to admit, it looks quite good. And now follows an instruction for the two objects on the photo:



Knitted from only one ball the length of the scarf is not that much, so take a ring (half precious stone) and fancyfully secure the fancy scarf by pulling the ends through the fancy ring...uh, it's getting a bit silly here....



Apart from my poor attempts to drape the thing as appealing as possible, it looks pretty snazzy, if I may say so myself. I like the colours and am sure I will be wearing it sometime soon.

No comments: