Saturday, October 16, 2004

I have a new winter coat - and a scarf to go with it

This is my new winter coat. I really like it. (Of course, why else would I have bought it?) And two hours ago I finished the scarf I started with the Noro. Okay, I haven't been posting here about it because I wasn't sure if I would finish it. And because I was still kind of p.o. about the lack of yarn for the originally planned project and didn't want to stress over it. Now that it's done I think it's going well with my coat, though I don't know if I will buy Noro again. It kind of feels like "been there, done that". I guess they would have to come up with a colour combination I couldn't resist...never say never, right?



If anyone is interested in the pattern here's a close up:



I used 6mm needles to give it a softer texture, and the pattern shows better with larger needles.

A lot of people seem to be off to Rhinebeck - heck, would've liked to go, too, but "you can't always get what you want"!

1 comment:

Mona Schmidt said...

Once again: thanks, Kajin! I made up the pattern myself and am glad you like it. About inviting myself: Rolf was happy about my initiative, too... ;-)